Monday 2 June 2014

Testing SurflineGH Serivce

Ok I know by now you have heard of LTE, 4G and how that will change the way we communicate and get information. Well lets start by defining LTE, an acronym for Long-Term Evolution, commonly marketed as 4G LTE, is a standard for wireless communication of high-speed data for mobile phones and data terminals. Ok lets not get too technical here but in  nutshell, SUPER FAST INTERNET. 

Now here comes the best part, a company called SurflineGh have this technology and the even nicer part is that they are 100% Ghanaian owned. I know you thinking 4G in Ghana well like they say the proof is in the pudding and I must say what a nice pudding it is, I had the privilege to attend their soft launch (VP for Ghana was there) and again was impressed with their whole setup.

I am testing out their network via a slick dongle, see attached pictures, and my word IT IS fast, yeah yeah I know you thinking BUT BUT they don’t have demand pressure on their systems yet, yes you are right but if this speed is anything to go by then I am not worried at all. What sites did I test on? Well naturally Youtube, Facebook and I downloaded a mixtape by J Cole. I am testing their services for a month so will keep you updated, today I am in the iSpace building in OSU, tomorrow I will surf the net on my way to way from Teshie since their network coverage is within Accra and Tema for now.


Well bye for now, off to watch old hiphop videos and Game Of Thrones :), will use this as a bench mark test for data speed. 



3 comments:

  1. Nice! Happy to hear this. Hope the service holds does well throughout your trial. When you're finished, send it over my way to test as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that it works, another aspect is the price...how does it compare to broadband and 3G price wise?

    ReplyDelete